Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Remeber When...

The other day as I was coming home from LJ's, I drove past my old house. Since I am the queen of reminiscing, I would like to now share with you all "Memories of the Old House across the street from Reams and next to SDS".

Me: the only girl
So out of my brothers and my neighbors, there were 6 boys who played outside and only 1 girl (me!) Of course, I now would consider myself lucky, but then the boys were really mean. Tad is 2 years older than me, Cameron is my age (I think his birthday is coming up), Brady is 2 years younger than me, Conner is 4 years younger than me, and then there are my brother Jake and Scott. They once started an "All Boys Club" and held daily meetings in the clubhouse. In revenge, I came up with an "All Girls Club" and met somewhere else (I can't remember where). That only lasted like a week because we argued alot (kids arguing, NEVER!) and our parents got mad at us and made us all be friends again.

My good chum Cameron
Being the only girl around forced me to actually be friends with the Olsen boys. Cameron and I became very good friends. We did alot of weird things like freezing bugs to make a bug collection, hang things from the clubhouse window with fishing wire to make it look like they were floating in midair, fill the sandbox with water and played army with toy soliders, and other things like that. I even listend to my best friend Rebecca and told him that I had a crush on him. I think it went something like this:
Me: Hey Cameron
Cam: What
Me: I have a crush on you
Cam: sweet (I don't think this was his exact words, but it was pretty close)
After that, my dad teased me because Jake overheard and told him. My infatuation ended shortly after.

All Those Stupid Cherry Trees
I love fruit, but I absolutly hate fruit trees. At the old house, there were 2 cherry trees in the backyard and they were really pretty in the summertime. You just couldn't walk around the backyard barefoot. We once started a club called "The World Record Club" and we tried to see how many cherries we could pick up. I think we stopped at like 500. Whenever the Olsen's got in trouble, they had to go outside and pick up cherries from the ground. The amount of cherries they had to pick up was determined by what they did. If Tad swore, he had to pick up 75 cherries, if Brady hit Kayla he had to pick up 45, etc etc. It was all fun and games for Jake and I until our mom heard us make fun of them. She then made up pick up 100 cherries each.

Well, the Olsen's moved to Salem and then we moved to the otha side of Provo. Tad's on his mish (as sista K likes to call it), Cameron is still looking ever so attractive, Brady is like 10 feet tall, and I haven't seen anyone else since. I did see Brother Olsen (and so did Lauren and Brittany) when we went to his house so I could ask him the MORP (Cameron, not his dad) and he caught us in the action.

Well, I have to go now and do my *dramatic sigh* laundry. (Have I ever mentioned how much I hate doing the laundry...sorry Brother Barrow, I let you down)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Scott wrote all over the walkway with a Sharpie marker (or was that Jake? No, that was Scott). Scott was also the one who swiped all your neighbor's book order money, while Cole was the one who snuck under the fence to swipe candy from the gas station. Cole also split his head on the table. What did Jake do? I can't remember any naughty things Jake did. I'll have to think about it. Cristina

Anonymous said...

Oh, those were the days! Remember the muskrat in the window well, your bedroom that was really a closet, the creepy door in the laundry room that led to the dark dungeon, or who could ever forget our homeschool days! I hope there were some good memories there!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those were the days! Remember the muskrat in the window well, your bedroom that was really a closet, the creepy door in the laundry room that led to the dark dungeon, or who could ever forget our homeschool days! I hope there were some good memories there!