Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A few posts ago I said you should come and see me this summer and in return I promised you some cookies. Well guess what? Summer's almost over, so no cookies for you fool!

I got a call from Robert's Craft the other day and I won a free Cricut cartridge. It's the paper doll one. I love it. I have to write some lesson plans for my class. (Thank you for asking what they are about!) I had to pick a topic taught in all grades and write 5-10 lesson (a unit), then write 4 assessments-kindergarten, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th. The lessons are about health and feelings and emotions. I decided to tie it into the art curriculum as well. I have a book called "The Black Book of Colors" (one of my new favorites!) that describes the different colors and a song about the different colors and the rainbow. For the younger assessments, I made some little people with my new cartridge. I think they are pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. I still have a few more to dress up but here are a few of them.


k so maybe I'm crazy and you don't want to come and visit.

Anyway, I have to present my lessons on Monday. Usually in my regular classes, presenting a lesson means teaching the lesson to the rest of the class. Since you have to do a few times per class it's not too bad. Since this is a summer online class, presenting means teaching the lessons to 4 of my teachers...which may be kind of awkward. Good thing I know these teachers pretty well. The one I'm worried about is my actual teacher for this class. He is the department chair and he kind of scares me a bit. Oh well. I have to teach at least one from each group of assessments...I'm probably confusing everyone now and I'm sure no one is reading so I will just end it here. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Cari said...

Very cute!

Annalie said...

I promise I'm coming soon, how about like the 2nd week of august until school starts?

Malaina said...

I love the dolls. You are so good at things like that. You'll do great with your lessons.

Streetlights94 said...

Don't let him scare you! Just imagine him as an adorable little boy once... who now plays with paper dolls.