2. My mom and I went to lunch with my grandma to Applebees. It was fun.
3. Draper Days! Every year we go up to my grandparent's house in Draper when they have their Draper Days activities. It is an all day celebration including sometimes a parade, live music in the backyard from the park, a talent show (humor over talent), a BBQ, other activities with my grandma and aunts, all concluding with a firework show. This year we tie-dyed shirts and my brothers did a synchronized swimming routine for the talent (you'll have to ask my mom for evidence of this...or for my brother's permission) The firework show always delivers. My grandparents live right by the park so we just watch the fireworks in their front yard on this road right by their house. They also live right next the the mountains so the firework echo right off the mountains and make a huge noise. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE fireworks. I am super bummed because I missed the talent show and the fireworks because of #4, but I am glad I was able to spend some time with my family and eat some darn good food! I seriously have the best family ever. We can compare if you want. I am grateful I am able to be super close with my immediate family as well as both sides of my extended family. They are all awesome! I also love the fact the my cousins are all coming of age and and we can chat on facebook. Love them!
4. Saturday night I went to see The Fray in concert. I like their music, they have some really good songs. But I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't the most exciting concert in the world. I had fun and we had pretty decent seats, but some people got mad at me for standing up. (um, we're at a concert fool) and they had to tell people to sing with them. I haven't been to a ton of concerts, but the ones I've gone to everyone just sang along and the singer just turned the mic to the audience and we knew what to do. But The Fray is still a pretty new band, so they have some time to work it all out. It was a good concert and they sing really well live and they told us the story behind their songs which made me like those songs even more. All in all I give it an 8/10. 1 give 2/10 to the parking and the whole deal getting out of there. USANA should probably think out their parking and traffic control a little better. 7 cars trying to get into the same lane at once isn't the safest thing.

(This is after the concert. I am a dummie and forgot my camera, so this is the only picture I really have and it's from facebook. We are in the parking lot waiting F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get out of the freaking place. This is with Brittany's shirt because yo tengo no dinero...that's Spanish for Elisabeth still hasn't found a job yet)
5. Sunday nothing really exciting happened. My mom did conduct in Relief Society for the first time and did a good job. She's super nervous about her calling and some people gave her a hard time, but I think she did and will do a Spect to the Acular job. Jake had a little episode after church in result of a ridiculously unbearably hot house and him being there all day not going to church because he didn't feel well. My dad made him sit in the middle of lawn with the sprinklers on. But he's all better now.
Anyway, I'm back in good ol' Cedar taking my good ol' math class. My teacher is super nerdy, but super funny so the class goes by pretty quickly. Anyway, I need to do my homework now There's just so much injustice in doing homework during the summer, at least it's raining today so I don't have to feel bad about not being inside.

5 comments:
I'm gonna take that phone away. Or car.
(Like I have the power to do that anymore!)
pictures are up. :)
Ahhh! I live like 3 minutes away from USANA!!! but it wouldn't have done any good, i wasn't home anyways. Anyways, I'm glad you had a good time. Miss your face!
No way no way no way! I was there too!!! I can't believe I didn't run into you, probably because there were a million or so people, but that would have been awesome. It was a great concert! (I might have more to tell you about it and "him" after this next weekend, we will see!)
This way totally late (because I'm way totally lame) but I agree. USANA parking sucks big time.
Post a Comment