Monday, September 11, 2006

Ode To a Police Officer Putting Out Fire
I am sitting in the computer lab procrastinating (who me?) Last night, my roomates and I were getting ready for a fireside when our neighbors Jane and Martha came in telling us there was a fire in the parking lot. We rushed out to the balcony and sure enough a car was on fire. We stood there watching it burn for like 5 min wondering where the heck the fire department was. Enter the Police. Have I mentioned to you that I have seen a police car only twice since I have been here, so you could imagine how freakin awsome it was for me to see 5 of them drive up to put out the fire (joke made by Jane, "Wow, I'm feel safe knowing that if we have a fire around here, the cops will be there to take care of it. With what? They'll try to put it out with their coffee while the roast their doughnuts?") Well, we just stood there watching people run from all corners of student housing to see what was going on. One officer drove up and asked us it we saw what had happened. "Hey ladies, did you happen to see what happened?" "No, but I'm sure the girl who is crying over there would know." Well, finally the fire department came. They pulled out their hose and the second the sprayed it, the whole car burst into flames. It was pretty cool looking. Well, we left for the fireside and there was a police car blocking the entrance to the parking lot. We got a good laugh out of that one because there is another entrance right next to it.
Well, my weekend was kind of eventful. Friday night I went to the institute dance. Let's just say it started off with a creepy 30 something year old guy telling me he really wanted to get married and not to be worried because his mother was married at 18. But it did end with a slow dance with a cute 18 something year old. So, all was well.
Saturday, I guess I was Dustin's girlfriend or something. He invited me to go to a ballroom dance BBQ or those on the team and their "significant other". It turned out that "significant other" meant husbands and wives and not friends pretending to be girlfriends. Well me being the only date there and the girl who tried out for the team but didn't make it (I'm just here for the food), I just left and went back to my dorm. No one wanted to go to the game, so I ended Saturday night with some homework de espanol. By the way, we won. So I guess the football team isn't as bad as everyone said it was.
Well, I have to do my homework for my lovely computer class now. I keep on seeing people who look like people back in Provo. It's kinda freaking me out...
p.s. is anyone else having a hard time uploading pictures on blogger, or is it just me?

2 comments:

Cari said...

Wow! So you were at 2 "firesides" in one night! It's so comforting as mother to know that the Cedar City Police and Fire Department are so efficient. Nice.

That freaky 30something better leave you alone or I'm going to have to take a trip down to kick his butt! I know with the extra mother adreneline I'd be able to take him with no problem! (He's probably a wimp anyway!)

Take it easy and I'll talk soon. I love you!!!!!

{lauren} said...

haha! your moms funny! i tottaly know that girl whos car burned down, sad day! Trevor was with her and now all his stuff stinks! TRAGIC! that guy was pretty freaky... i agree!