Thursday was early out which was pretty spectacular. Then I only had to go to work for 3 hours on Friday. It was great. Then I packed myself up and walked on up to the Trax stop by my house and rode to a stop across the street from this lazy guy's work so he wouldn't have to pick me up at my house. (L-A-Z-Y) Anyway, we picked up a couple of other and headed up to Logan for a big lindy weekend called Harlem Nights. I rode a nice 2 hour car ride with some nerds. Real-life nerds who talked about Sci-Fi books they're reading and economics and something about inflation (tuned them out). Cute boys who wear big glasses and make a few Dr. Who references are as far as my nerd tolerance goes, I guess.
We pulled up to the place in Logan and jumped right into 2 workshops with Dan Newsome and Gaby Cook from Seattle. They taught us different swing out stuff and partnered Charleston. I only ever watched these two on youtube so seeing them in real life was like...awesome. Then we had a nice dance. I danced with Dan Newsome...whaaa!!! And he commented on my swivels...double whaaaa!!! (k, so my swivels don't look that good like the video)
Then my dear amiga Samantha picked me up and I spent the night at her totally awesome aunt's house with her. It was great. The next morning I was waaayyyy too tired for some more workshops so Sammie and I hung out in Logan and visited her equivalent to Disneyland...Hastings! I probably could have spent like $100 there, but I controlled myself. (thank goodness)
Then after a lot of arm twisting and awesome persuasive skills (5th grade is teaching me things!) I convinced Sam to come with me to the Saturday night dance. It was at Elite Hall in Hyrum with a nice spring floor (think hardwood trampoline) with a live band. That dance was probably one of the best I've been to. For reals. We watched Dan and Gaby perform the dance from video above (here it is again), the USU swing team, and a couple of competitions. Super fun. During the dance, it starting snowing like 7 feet outside so when we got back to Sam's house, we had a choice to either run in wet shoes or take off our shoes and run in barefoot. Naturally we chose to take off the shoes. Good freakin times. So during the whole weekend, this was the only picture I took.

Straight up.
So we left Sunday morning, drive not nearly as bad as the ride up (less nerd-talk, more sleep). It took me Sunday and Monday to catch up on my sleep, but it was worth it!
Monday, my roommate Annalie and I went to Village Inn to get some good President's Day pie. I love pie.
So, that was the best weekend ever. Totally worth the money and the nerd-ness.
P.S. Do you want to come dancing with me yet? Have I convinced you it's like the greatest thing ever? Dan and Gaby have a website called http://www.freeswingdancelessons.com/ with videos and all. Go check it out and then you can come with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment