I went to Wal-Mart to buy some salad dressing. While I'm in the salad dressing aisle, I overhear two old ladies talking. (Confession time: I tend to eaves drop more than occasionally.) Old lady 1 was telling old lady 2 that her nephew just had a baby girl. She looks just like her mommy and weighed 8 pounds. Old lady 2 asked her what they named her.
Old lady 1 said "They named her Elizabeth."
"Ew, really?" said Old lady 2.
"I know, not my first choice. I always thought that was a whorish name." (K, at first I thought she said horrid, but then I heard the next line)
Old lady 2 said, "All the Elizabeth's I know are just so loose jumping around from man to man. I don't know what parents are thinking naming their daughters that."
Old lady 1, "Hopefully this little girl will go by Liz or something, or maybe her middle name Rose."
Old lday 2, "Rose, I've always loved that name. They should have named her that."
Then they caught me listening and muttered something about inconsiterate young people as they walked away.
Then I bought my salad dressing and went back to my apartment and laughed about it with my roommates. We decided that old people are awesome.
Sometimes I can't wait to be old and say whatever I want. Haha
p.s. I don't think I've heard anyone say "whorish" besides Angela from The Office. Maybe these old ladies watch every Thursday.

4 comments:
What!?! That is too funny. I bet their names were Thelma and Louise.
Whorish. Too funny.
NUH UH! ha! i don't like old people. mostly because i deal with a lot of old, senile, confused, and totally disoriented ones that can't even function--we seem to get every old person from davis county in dick's market. ugh....
i'm glad you laughed about it though, i can't decide whether i would have been hurt or totally pissed. probably pissed.
I agree with Sam... When I worked at Walgreens we got all the old people from EVERYWHERE! I probably would have been pissed... LOL
Haha... It is totally not a whorish name. And the only Rose I know is a child abuser.
So there!
Post a Comment