Friday, June 05, 2009

Jakey (I may have cried when I wrote this...)

( Jake and I at my seminary graduation. I don't have a more recent one yet.)
This last weekend, I went home to see my little brother graduate high school. HIGH SCHOOL! It was the craziest thing. I love him so much and I am so proud of him. He's worked so hard in everything he's done. He graduated with 2 medals as an International Baccalaureate and just the stuff he had to do to graduate with that is really mind blowing and I doubt I would have done it as a high schooler such as taking super hard classes, paying lots of money for super hard tests, 100 plus hours of service, and writing a huge paper that was graded by super smart people in Europe (he wrote about the physics of golf) . He also graduated as a Utah State Scholar. He received high honors and is also a seminary graduate. He got accepted to the University of Utah and is going to study Biomedical Engineering. Because of his IB stuff, he is all done with his Gen Eds, which is basically awesome, so he can focus on his engineering classes. This time next year, we will all be anxiously waiting for his mission call...bah!

I can't believe my little brother is all grown up now! He made us all cry at his graduation, including my grandparents I have never seen cry. He spoke, which was super gutsy and so not Jake, but he did amazing. I don't have the video, but you can watch it here on my mom's blog. It's not too long so you should all watch it.

We are all so proud of him, even if some like to make fun of him. (They're just jealous, Jake) He is off to bigger and better things and will accomplish even more and I am so excited to see it all.

I love you Jake!


(k, I may have lied. This is a more recent picture of us)

6 comments:

Craig and Cricket said...

I love this post...I love how close you two are and how much fun you have together. I can't believe you both will be in college!!!

Cari said...

Okay, I may be crying as I write this comment.

I LOVE how much you love your brothers! You have set such a great example for them and I hope you know that your influence and example is part of the reason Jake has been able to accomplish what he has. We are all so proud of you and your brothers and sister! I love you Beth! :)

Cortney Chambers said...

what a tribute to jake & your whole family! i too can't believe that you guys are all grown up, but add me to the list of people that are proud of you both!

{lauren} said...

Biomedical Engineering?

oh. my. lands.

Streetlights94 said...

Jake is freakin' amazing. 'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You both will be in collage!!! EXCITING