Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I sometimes get ansty in sacrament meeting, but that's okay

This last week was spring break and I made it home for the weekend. I had a blast even though I am a looser and basically slept the whole time. I visited with my grandma and grandpa and went to lunch with my grandma. I also spent some time with some friends so that was fun too.

On Sunday, I was able to go to the Draper Temple dedication with my family. It was very neat and I am glad I was able to go and be there with my mom and my brothers.

While I was at the dedication, I realized something. I get pretty ansty sometimes. I bounce my knee, I itch, fix my hair, fix my skirt, change positions every few minutes, etc. I also lead the music with my foot. It drives some people crazy and they always tell me to calm down. It was no different on Sunday, but you know who else gets antsy too?




He switched positions a few times, played with his hands, scratched his head a few time, looked back at the choir singing behind him, looked forward, looked at President Monson, then looked back at the choir again. He even taps his foot to the music and nods his head. President Uchtdorf has always been one of my favorite general authorities, but now he is like numero uno in my book. Plus, my brother likes his hair.

Anyway, I loved the dedication and I am very grateful I was able to be there with my family and was able to spend time with my family during spring break.

8 comments:

{lauren} said...

i totally noticed it. the head bob while the choir was singing was probably the best thing i had seen in a long time

Cari said...

I miss you and your antsiness and toe tapping! Easter can't come soon enough!

jake roi said...

Yep - I noticed that too. He's totally awesome

Malaina said...

Do you fall asleep with little pools of drool in the corner of your mouth too? That's a really neat story... will have to watch next conference.

Anonymous said...

ha ha i noticed too!

Anonymous said...

No problem with being antsy. I get antsy too. It happens to the best of us (obviously considering who you spotted).

See you soon!

Cristina

Anonymous said...

ELISABETH! OH DEAR ELISABETH, WHERE ART THOU? HAST THOU DROPPEST OFF THE FACE OF THE BLOGOSPHERE?

Anonymous said...

Everbody gets antsy they just dont admit it