Monday, December 15, 2008

Help!

This Friday marks my family's annual Christmas party. It is tradition every year for the cousins to put on a talent show. Every year, I play the violin. Well, the other night I took out my violin to play (I know right?!) and pluck, my A string broke. So, unless I can borrow $17 and a possibly another $15 cause my D string is looking a bit shabby, or if you would like to wrap me up some and give me an early Christmas present (Dominant strings please...I like my strings all matchy matchy) I am talentless.
I need your help. Here's the million dollar question: What should Elisabeth do for the family Christmas party?
If you think this is ridiculous, you may not know my family...or my grandma. This is serious business folks. I can't be the only cousin not prepared.

Here are possible ideas:
-singing: I have had this inner desire to sing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" for the LONGEST time. The problem is, I don't sing. Or sing in the enthusiastic style that is needed for such a song. I also tend to chicken out. That is a big problem.
-dance: If you are a regular to this blog, you know my avid obession with So You Think You Can Dance (SYTCD for short) I could pull what I have seen and create my own composistion to dance to. This actually could be a great idea. I could start with a waltz, then break into hip hop, then end with some jazz hands. This could be a problem condsidering I don't really dance either. Oh, and I am totally NOT SERIOUS so this is completely out of the question!
-piano: This would actually be a superb idea. Problem, I will only have a keyboard to play.
-joke telling: I'm not funny. Plus, I ruin jokes
-painting a picture: This is a funny suggestion. Really funny.

So, I am out of ideas. Every comment will be taken into deep consideration, so make it good. JK Bring on the comment lovin!

5 comments:

{lauren} said...

you SERIOUSLY should do a dance. it would be the shiznit to the max. oh i got it, sing all i want for chritmas AND dance. and i could teach you to sign it. you could do all three at once! oh man, this is going to be great! can i come?

T said...

Record yourself singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" in the shower and then come out at the end in a bathrobe and shower cap and take a bow.

Magic shows are always fun!

Do a cooking demo.

You could recite a poem or tell a Christmas story written by you or someone else.

You could do a MASH for your grandma on a projection screen!

How about a Bob Ross spoof? You could dress up in a fro and moustache and paint "happy little trees" for everyone.

When all else fails, make a powerpoint of family pictures set to various Christmas tunes.

Cari said...

You should sing with Emma. Emma knows alot of Christmas songs. Better yet, you could sing AND dance with Emma. Or by yourself. Don't sell yourself short, you have a great voice! If you do dance, just don't try to jump over any purses. If memory serves me right, that's not such a good idea. :) Can't wait for you to come home!!!!!

Cari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Malaina said...

How did it go? It was probably amazing- whatever you did