"Good Morning! Come on everyone, I know you all had your Starbucks this Morning!!" (Through my past years in journalism, I have learned to never start with dialog. In this case, I choose to ignore that rule. I also will continue with my parenthesis fetish.) During our welcome back assembly, a lady from the admissions office or where ever said good morning to us and when we didn't answer back, she replied with that phrase. (see first sentence) Yes, I took the culture shock hard.
I am roommates with my friend Brittany and my other roommates are really cool.
Our wards are split up by resident's halls. In my resisdent hall, Manzinita, there is only one boy apartment. This means there are roughly 140 girls and 15 boys.
LJ and I watched shirtless boys playing volleyball and the Frat dog during a BBQ put on by SUU's Greek Organization
I wore a skirt today being the first day of school that is very flowy. Let's just say as I walked down the stairs outside, I had a few "Marilyn Monroe moments".
I have these two neighbors Jane and Martha. They rock as well. They also party with Jesus at their Bible readings.
I signed up for institute. Yes, I am really taking the Missionary Preparation class. I'm pretty excited.
My classes so far are good. I am really excited for my Nutrition class mainly because I really like the teacher. He's really funny. My Spanish teacher is also really cool. She says that we will be turing in campositions, olways speaking to our neighbors, and she clearly is Omerican. I'm not so sure about English, but I decided to just stick it out. I mean, if I could take Ms. Snyder, I can do anything...right? I have my University Sucess class and Computer class tomarrow. I'll let you know how those go later.
I think my arteris are getting clogged from all the Welcome Week BBQ's they keep on having. This last week I was fed a meal everyday but Sunday from some the most delicious hamburgers ever.
At the club showcase last week, a cheerleader asked me if I could do stunts. I said, "I can fall on my face, does that count?" She just gave me a weird look and asked the person behind me. I like to believe that she just gave me a weird look because she recongized me when I went to high school with her, but who knows.
Well, that's about it. Until later!
BTW: Thunderstruck is SUU's theme this year. I just choose to call it Thundastruck to add more flava. And Tristan, please write more on your blog!
Monday, August 28, 2006
Hey Bozo, are you thunda struck?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stay away from shirtless boys!
(And the Playhouse for that matter!)
Love,
Mom
15 BOYS???
What???
Skirt on your first day. Nice choice.
Okay, so you totally left us without saying goodbye. What's up with that? And you left without me giving you money for babysitting. I'm going to have to mail it to you... Have fun, and let me tell you some advice Baba used to always give me, "If you study hard it will be easy, but if you study easy it will be hard... but make time for fun too." Love ya!
Post a Comment